PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our top performing team. You will work as an integral member of our DevOps team to design, implement and maintain the systems which support our mobile game titles with millions of daily players. The technical scope of the project is broad and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done. The ideal candidate has a wide range of skills including database and cloud hosting experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies.
- Collaborate with development teams on design, architecture and expansion of infrastructure
- Perform system configuration, administration and support for services
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Computer Science, and/or Math degree from an accredited college/university
- 2+ year operations experience with Linux environments
- Solid knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, VPC)
- Experience working with bash, Python, or other scripting languages
- Understanding of containers and container-based services (Docker, Rocket, LXC, etc)
- Ability to work with Jenkins/TeamCity or similar CI systems
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match, and flexible time off
- Stock options/equity for highly qualified candidates
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Penthouse office with rooftop deck offering panoramic views of Santa Monica, located 1 block from the beach
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!