PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our top performing team. As the Database Administrator you’ll be responsible for working directly with the Engineering, Data and Platform teams to design, implement and maintain the data systems which support our mobile game titles with millions of daily players. Responsibilities in this role will range from evaluating new, bleeding edge, SQL and NoSQL database platforms to analyzing overall system and individual query performance. The ideal candidate has a broad range of database experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies.
- Conduct thorough research and provide recommendations on database design
- Review and tune SQL
- Maintain Cassandra Clusters, Vertica Clusters, and large MySQL databases.
- Plan and manage database server maintenance, monitoring, and alerting
- Lead the strategy for capacity planning
- Manage daily ETL and reporting processes
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Investigate and troubleshoot operational issues
- Review processes and identify areas of improvement
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of DBA experience
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Experience managing backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with large, mission critical, application databases
- Scripting knowledge (python/bash/perl)
- An interest in learning and working with a wide range of database technologies including Cassandra, Vertica, PostgreSQL, MySQL, RedShift, Couchbase, and InfluxDB
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match, and flexible time off
- Stock options/equity for highly qualified candidates
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Penthouse office with rooftop deck offering panoramic views of Santa Monica, located 1 block from the beach
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!