PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
Are you ready to help build the next unforgettable gaming experience? PlayQ’s team is led by the world’s top engineering talent to build the most clever and diverse products for our global audience. Our engineers develop next-generation technologies that impact how millions of our players connect, explore, and interact with our top-grossing games.
We are looking for a next level Data Engineer to own our most heavily leveraged dataset across PlayQ: global player data. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push technology forward. You will have freedom to innovate as you work closely with our engineering and data science team to see the big picture and develop new ways to store and analyze business critical information.Our ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience managing big data and cloud infrastructure with the ability to tie engineering initiatives to business impact. If you share the desire to push the envelope and trailblaze in your function then we’d love to hear from you.
- Drive the advancement of data infrastructure by developing and implementing underlying logic and structure for how data is set up, cleansed and stored
- Take an integral role in designing and implementing a data lake strategy
- Architect, launch, and manage automated ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Load) processes
- Collaborate with development teams on design, architecture and expansion of infrastructure
- BS from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
- Design, develop and launch data ingestion and storage systems with high availability and reliability that can scale
- 2+ year operations experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of MPP/Columnar data warehouse solutions (Redshift, Vertica, etc.) a plus
- Experience with AWS environments: Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, S3, RDS, Glue, Spectrum
- Experience working with bash, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience managing large data sets
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!