PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our top performing team! As the Technical Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for helping us to create a highly scalable platform for hundreds of millions of users. Collaboration is key as you will be working directly with several department leaders to plan and oversee the creation of technology team projects. This is an exciting opportunity to get exposure working on unique and modern technologies in an agile environment.
- Collaborate cross functionally with key stakeholders to identify and formalize new technology needs
- Envision, define and create work scope, timelines and project documentation
- Oversee project development and manage communication across multiple departments to ensure that required parties have the necessary information and direction to efficiently deliver projects on time
- Collaborate with leadership across different organizational units such as, Data & Analytics, Marketing, User Acquisition, Engineering & Production etc.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Stay on top of industry trends in technology, gaming, and web to support future initiatives
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Project Management from an accredited university or college
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Experience in Atlassian Jira, Confluence, or similar products
- Ability to understand requests and convert them into formal design or concept documents
- Understanding of technical aspects related to software development
- Ability to work in agile environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with web technologies
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Ability to create mockups and diagrams with Photoshop, Sketch or similar programs
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!