PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to leverage the billions of data points within our world-class mobile gaming data infrastructure to answer key business questions, tell compelling stories, and develop meaningful insights into player behavior and engagement. This person will conduct statistical analyses, design predictive models, and develop machine learning systems to provide clear insights into understanding complex questions relating to player behavior, feature design, level design, user acquisition, and more.
The ideal candidate is intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual with a passion for mobile gaming, data modeling, analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
- Work with fellow data scientists and analysts to identify areas for predictive modeling to help increase company value
- Design, prototype, and implement advanced machine learning algorithms to help improve player experiences. Work with engineering team to implement robust processes in real time
- Create statistical models that provide insights and direction for overall game feature design and level design
- Develop tools and processes that will help data scientists and stakeholders more efficiently generate data insight through our very rich game data
- Lead the research and development of new tools and processes, bring fresh perspective and new dimensions of analysis to improve our game performance
- Work closely with production and engineering teams on data tracking and tools implementation
- Check and debug any data-related issues to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- BA/BS degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist or in a similar analytical role
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics
- Strong knowledge of statistics and statistical programming languages including R, Python, or similar
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience using data visualization tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Loves problem-solving, has an innate ability to find the optimal solution
- Desire to work independently on a project from inception to completion
Location & Salary:
- We are offering relocation for this position
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!