PlayQ is a leading mobile gaming company building high quality games for iOS, Google Play, Amazon, and Facebook. Our titles have reached over 60 million downloads worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
The company was founded in 2007, backed by the Techstars program, and is very profitable. With the launch of our latest title, Charm King, the company is growing quicker than ever and we're inviting you to be a part of our growth.
At PlayQ, you'll work with a closely-knit group of passionate entrepreneurs who build best-of-breed products, and know how to have fun while doing it. You'll be part of a startup culture where every employee takes pride in their work and where the impact of their efforts is felt.
We are based in sunny Santa Monica, CA, just one block from the beach. Learn more about our company and approach here: www.playq.net
PlayQ was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We are looking for a Cloud Support Engineer with a specialty in database technologies to join our top performing team. As a Cloud Support Engineer you’ll be responsible for working directly with the Engineering, Data and Platform teams to design, implement and maintain the data systems which support our mobile game titles with millions of daily players. Responsibilities in this role will range from evaluating new bleeding edge SQL and NoSQL database platforms to analyzing overall system and individual query performance. The ideal candidate has a broad range of database and cloud hosting experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies.
- Conduct thorough research and provide recommendations on DBMS design
- Plan and manage database server maintenance, monitoring, and alerting
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Investigate and troubleshoot operational issues
- Manage ETL data workflow
- Review processes and identify areas of improvement
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Experience managing backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with large, mission critical, application databases
- Prior working experience with AWS - EC2, RDS
- Experience writing automation scripts in Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- An interest in learning and working with a wide range of database technologies including Cassandra, Vertica, PostgreSQL, MySQL, RedShift, Couchbase and InfluxDB
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match, and flexible time off
- Stock options/equity for highly qualified candidates
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Penthouse office with rooftop deck offering panoramic views of Santa Monica, located 1 block from the beach
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!