PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA and Kyiv, Ukraine, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a Senior Cloud Services Engineer to join us as an integral member of our Engineering team. In this role, you’ll scale our CI/CD pipeline to handle dozens of releases a day, and continuously improve the jobs in our pipeline, optimizing for speed, observability, and reliability. Your pipeline and consistent, dependable release process will empower our talented developers to continue to expand our mobile portfolio across millions of users. This role has the unique opportunity to partner with our global team and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
The ideal candidate is versatile and has a broad range of build pipeline, pipeline as code, and bash/python scripting experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies. If you’re excited by the opportunity to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in an ever changing industry then we’d love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams to integrate new build and deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements
- Build, configure, and maintain the CI/CD pipelines for our games and services on TeamCity and GitHub Actions
- Design and implement tools and processes to build and deploy software releases
- Support CI/CD tools integration, operations, change management, and maintenance
- Maintain the continuous integration and deployment of internal tools to multiple environments
- Manage and document deployment processes and automation
- Assist in IT needs such as user provisioning and deprovisioning
- Computer Science, and/or Math degree from an accredited college/university
- 4-7+ years of Software Development or DevOps experience
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Basic understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS Knowledge a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Bash, Python and/or other languages in similar environments
- Expert level knowledge of TeamCity, GitHub Actions or similar CI systems
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
- Experience using TeamCity Kotlin DSL
- Experience with Java development processes
- Knowledge of Terraform, Kubernetes
- Understanding of containers and container-based services (Docker, Docker Compose, Rocket, LXC, etc)
- Due to COVID-19, our employees are temporarily working from home. We are regularly assessing the situation and plan to return to our office in the city center once it's safe to do so.
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!