PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
As our Director of Product Management, you’ll join PlayQ’s management team and deliver the product management vision for our current and future mobile titles at a growing entertainment and technology company.
This role offers the opportunity to define the product roadmap and champion an enthusiastic product team to make a visible impact on our top-grossing titles. By combining deep product thinking, a strong understanding of our players, analytical rigor, creative vision and executional excellence, you will create the blueprint that provides a unique and unforgettable gaming experience for millions of players.
As a deeply analytical and tactical leader, you’ll have demonstrated experience leveraging data to discern player needs and identify new areas of opportunity, optimizing our products for long-term success. You are accustomed to taking ownership and accountability for your team’s results, prioritizing and navigating the unknowns that come with tackling new opportunities and problem spaces, and you value taking a holistic approach when working across multiple teams to drive the long-term financial success of our titles.
You’d be a perfect match for this position if you thrive in a heavily collaborative and iterative environment, take a data-driven approach to your product strategy and are excited by the opportunity to offer new ideas and be an influential and impactful leader for our team.
- Manage our product team to ensure the execution of our financial objectives and product roadmap across our entire mobile games portfolio
- Create company wide best practices across all areas of product (ie. liveops, economy, monetization)
- Develop and apply frameworks for managing healthy game economies
- Develop a deep understanding of player behavior and segmentation strategies to test and tailor in-game experiences to deliver the most value
- Drive the product lifecycle from vision and planning through to product delivery while collaborating across our user acquisition, data, engineering, and design teams
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how our user acquisition strategy impacts the overall player lifecycle funnel
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of talented and passionate product managers to achieve exceptional results and execute long term roadmaps and priorities while focusing on sustainable growth, LTV and engagement
- Champion a culture of hypothesis-driven, critical thinking and data informed decision-making to support our product strategy
- Serve as an industry expert and thought leader in your field
- B.S./B.A. degree from an accredited college/university; masters preferred
- 7+ years product management experience specifically within the gaming industry
- 3+ years in a management role
- Demonstrated experience running successful economies for multiple gaming titles
- Expertise in developing impactful frameworks for economy design
- Ability to work cross-functionally with user acquisition, data/analytics, design, and engineering to execute our product deliverables
- Experience developing use cases, scenarios, requirements and product roadmaps with a focus on understanding player psychology and behavior
- Passion for leading and developing direct reports by providing ongoing guidance and identifying opportunities for growth
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize, monitor progress and enforce accountability for product deliverables
- Ability to leverage and translate competitive insight into clear product recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!