PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for an ambitious and innovative Product Manager to help drive the performance of our world-class mobile titles. As a key member of the Product team, you will work closely with Design, Engineering, UA, Art and Data to build seamless product experiences that reach millions of players.
In this role, you will regularly design and deploy experiments, analyze and interpret data, deliver insights and make actionable recommendations that will shape our games and engage our global audience.
You would be a perfect match for this position if you thrive in a heavily collaborative and iterative environment, you are enthusiastic about leveraging data to solve problems and drive results and you are excited by the opportunity to make a visible impact on our games.
- Feature Development, Experimentation, and Analysis
- Create clear and concise spec documents that can be carried out to full feature completion in collaboration with data, design, and engineering
- Use existing data to tune features in order to maximize performance and create segmented experiences for different user cohorts
- Design experiments that drive measurable business value using a hypothesis-driven approach and execute them flawlessly
- Conduct various data analyses and create actionable recommendations that drive business value
- Driving and Managing Game Performance
- Oversee live-ops; define live event schedule, analyze performance, and ensure seamless execution of live events
- Manage the health of the in-game economy
- Define the strategy for and manage monetization (IAP and Ads) systems
- Product Roadmap and Strategy
- Identify areas of opportunity for improving KPIs, and help prioritize ideas to impact business goals
- Support the product leads in defining and iterating the direction and strategy of our mobile portfolio
- Develop Product Frameworks that support the execution and management of our games
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis on market trends
- B.S./B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- 3-5+ years in a Product Manager role
- Knowledge of or strong interest in learning Feature Design
- Knowledge of or strong interest in learning Mobile Gaming KPIs and how to affect them
- Experience with data analysis and large data sets
- Understanding of A/B testing concepts and terminology
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Art, and Data teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organization skills
- Strong time management skills
- Self-starter and motivated to work within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Tableau or Looker, SQL/other querying languages
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Experience in an engineering role, and familiarity with game development
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!