PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a Marketing Artist to join our passionate Creative Services team! As a Marketing Artist at PlayQ, you’ll be responsible for creating high quality and performant ads and assets for all of our game titles. We are looking for a driven artist - who isn’t afraid to think outside the box, appreciates a challenge, and adapts to multiple creative disciplines. This position offers an exciting opportunity to concept, construct and animate ads that will be seen by millions of potential players around the world!
- Create high quality and performant ads for a variety of campaigns - including but not limited to video ads, banners, interstitials, and stills.
- Create, develop and execute original design projects with full deadline responsibility from concept development to finished production
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition and Creative Services Team in creative direction, ad ideas, and creative strategy
- Enhance and iterate on existing ads by analyzing ad performance with User Acquisition and developing creative solutions to improve ad performance.
- Ensure brand guidelines and strict quality standards are consistent throughout all marketing artwork
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices as it pertains to marketing and user acquisition art in the mobile gaming space.
- Assist as needed with ad-hoc mobile marketing art projects or product needs
- Bachelor's degree in illustration, graphic design, animation or related field
- 1-2+ years of experience as an animator, motion designer, visual designer or graphic designer.
- A well rounded + exciting portfolio with examples of your work. We would like to see a clear picture of your process, how you execute your ideas from start to finish.
- Comfortable using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects
- You possess an excellent aesthetic taste with the ability to produce designs that are both visually appealing and performant
- You have an extraordinary eye for composition, color, layout and typography - both in static and animated work.
- Insatiable desire to learn and grow - not only as an artist but a team contributor and individual
- Your creativity and passion for art is tempered by a critical mind that can analyze your own work and iterate off of it.
- You are a dedicated team player who views creative collaboration as a chance to grow your work with others.
- You are creative, productive and efficient when working under tight deadlines
- Experience with Illustrator, InDesign or Adobe Premiere.
- Experience with Mobile marketing strategies and User Acquisition
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Love of video games
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!