PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, and Kyiv, Ukraine work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious Quality Assurance Engineer to own the quality and comprehensive testing of our world-class mobile games as well as internal tools and services. This newly created position calls for the execution of all quality assurance testing, test planning, localization verification, build distribution, test automation, submission, and sign-off processes.
We rely on our Quality Assurance team to collaborate closely with other talented development staff, including producers, designers, artists, and engineers to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met. This is a unique opportunity to work within small core teams to help impact the development of our QA best practices and create the best gaming experience for our beloved players!
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and test plans for features and builds
- Create new tests and test suites from scratch using documentation. Communicate with other commands to solve controversial questions
- Manually test a large number of diverse game features and development tools
- Research new ways of manual testing optimization, by writing helper scripts, editor tools, and autotests
- Estimate and plan testing automation
- Prioritize QA testing and performance profiling tasks, monitor tasks through completion, and ensure testing schedules are met and releases go out on time
- Manage existing QA pipeline, test plans, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps
- Record test results, generate reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during testing phase
- Create clear and detailed bug reports
- Contribute to continuous process improvements for the QA department by providing consistent feedback on current standards and best practices
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires a frequent shift in areas of focus
- 2+ years direct QA testing experience; contributed to the testing of at least 1 released mobile game title
- Deep understanding of the complete software test cycle; awareness of full game development cycle and the role of Dev QA, quality assurance techniques and methodologies
- Commercial or non-commercial experience with C# or other languages, understanding of OOP principles, confident ability to write base not complex algorithms
- Ability to quickly learn new information and tools
- Ability to create test cases and sign-off checklists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Good English skills
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision
- Possess a proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Business perspective to consider business goals in relation to development tasks
- Experience testing iOS, Android, and Amazon devices
- Proven track record in Agile Development
- Due to COVID-19, our employees are temporarily working from home. We are regularly assessing the situation and plan to return to our office in the city center once it's safe to do so.
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Catered monthly team lunches
- Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center
- Monthly team buildings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!