PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Our Senior Marketing Manager role presents the rare opportunity to develop PlayQ’s creative marketing strategy across our top grossing mobile titles.
This is a high-impact role where you’ll own various aspects of user growth such as creative testing methodology, organic install performance, app store conversion & optimization and high-level brand messaging approach.
You’d be an ideal candidate for this role if you understand how to effectively translate business objectives into clear creative strategies, as well as lead organic growth through data-defined opportunities. As a deeply analytical and creative marketer, you'll also have demonstrated experience balancing high-level thinking with tactical execution within the mobile user acquisition landscape.
If you're excited by the opportunity to leverage your marketing expertise to continue to scale our new and existing mobile titles, we'd love to hear from you!
- Partner with Director of User Acquisition to develop creative testing methodology with ownership over advertising creative strategy, including identifying components, messages, and iterations for testing as well as understanding and incorporating nuances of various channels and ad networks
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, creative, analytics, and senior leadership to rapidly execute and iterate our creative roadmap and lead our soft launch creative strategy
- Develop creative brief process, creative calendar planning, and brainstorming objectives for Creative Services team based on creative performance needs
- Partner with Creative Services team to scope out creative production pipeline and direct priorities based on areas of opportunity identified through data
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide constructive feedback to creative teams based on achieving ad messaging and performance goals
- Build up creative stockpile of “wins” and own database of creative component performance by leading the reporting and forecasting of creative performance
- Leverage analytics tools and marketing data to maximize efficiency of creative by reducing user acquisition costs and increasing ROAS
- Utilize industry research, competitive benchmarks, and trend-spotting to align creative portfolio goals to market, societal, and industry trends
- Measure performance of organic installs and further develop social media and earned marketing opportunities for relevant titles
- Lead paid and non-paid strategy for ASO and creative testing on app store landing pages to increase app store conversion rate and installs
- Develop brand voice & creative messages based on player motivations and research for new and existing titles
- Partner with Analytics & Product teams to maximize LTV across all stages of the conversion funnel by Identifying new network opportunities that drive acquisition lift and discovering CRM & re-engagement opportunities based on player behavior and data
- Own relationships with all brand marketing partners
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
- 6-8 years of experience in marketing, digital media, creative strategy, mobile user acquisition
- Experience working cross-functionally to plan & execute creative advertising tests
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with ASO tools and execution (include A/B testing and keyword optimization) for multiple store fronts (iOS & Google Play)
- Deep understanding of user acquisition for mobile games and/or apps
- Possess a deeply analytical mindset and experimental approach to growth marketing
- Experience with various mobile ad networks, deep knowledge of network dynamics, algorithms, mechanics, and creative best practices
- Highly adaptable, organized, and process-driven individual with the ability to manage shifting priorities in fast-paced environment
- Passion and curiosity for discovering the “why” behind the data and relentless pursuit of answers
- Expertise with Tableau, Looker, or similar analytics/visualization software
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!