PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious Quality Assurance Analyst to own the quality and comprehensive testing of our world-class mobile games as well as internal tools and services. This newly created position calls for the execution of all quality assurance testing, test planning, localization verification, build distribution, submission and sign-off processes.
We rely on our Quality Assurance team to collaborate closely with other talented development staff, including producers, designers, artists, and engineers to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met. This is a unique opportunity to work within small core teams to help impact the development of our QA best practices and create the best gaming experience for our beloved players!
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and plan testing for features and builds, including releases of our live games, web portal, and backend services
- Prioritize QA testing and profiling assignments, monitor tasks through completion, and ensure testing schedules are met and releases go out on time
- Manage the development of the QA pipeline, test plans, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps
- Record test results, generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during testing phase
- Create clear and detailed bug reports and manage bug databases
- Drive continuous process improvements for the QA department by providing consistent feedback on current standards and best practices
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus
- 2+ years direct QA testing experience; contributed to the testing of at least 1 released mobile game title
- 1+ years mobile game development experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- Understanding of the complete software test cycle; awareness of full game development cycle and the role of Dev QA, quality assurance techniques and methodologies
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists and test plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision
- You possess a proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Business perspective to consider business goals in relation to development tasks
- Experience testing iOS, Android, and Amazon
- Experience with scripting languages, or C#
- Proven track record in Agile Development
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!