PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a seasoned Director of Monetization to join our passionate team. As the Director of Monetization you will oversee strategy, research, planning, execution, and analysis related to monetization within our mobile game titles. You will be responsible for working directly with the Product, Design, Data, and Marketing teams to craft, implement, measure, analyze and report on all monetization features and opportunities. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead monetization strategy and infrastructure across world-class mobile game titles loved by millions of players around the world.
- Lead the development of monetization strategy and goal setting across multiple mobile game titles
- Research and plan new monetization features and initiatives that will have a meaningful impact on revenue generation
- Develop and maintain the monetization feature pipeline and promotions calendar
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams to execute on monetization initiatives
- Serve as project owner/manager for all monetization related projects
- Oversee the testing, analysis, and reporting of all monetization initiatives
- Report on key monetization findings and analyses to internal stakeholders and the executive team
- Manage the external relationships between the company and third party monetization partners and vendors
- BA/BS degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in a monetization, product management, or quantitative role; preferably at a technology or gaming company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Expertise with Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Loves problem-solving, has an innate ability to investigate issues and find the optimal solutions
- Desire to work independently on projects from inception to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build new relationships
- Masters degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Experience working in mobile or web gaming
Location & Salary:
- We are offering relocation for this position
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!