PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our passionate team. As a Sr. UI/UX Designer you’ll be responsible for working directly with the product, design, and art teams to craft delightfully intuitive user experiences and design beautiful UI. Responsibilities in this role will span the entire development lifecycle, from wireframe and concept creation to final asset production and implementation. As a senior position, this role will also contribute meaningfully to feature design, sprint planning, task breakdowns and estimates, as well as providing mentorship and guidance to other UI/UX resources. This position offers an exciting opportunity to design and deliver flawless user experiences to millions of daily players around the globe.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Art teams to design appealing, user-friendly and crisp 2D UI assets and implement intuitive user experiences for casual mobile games
- Designing from concept to completion all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, wireframes, flow charts, icons, and animation mockups
- Create, maintain and own UI style guides and general art documentation
- Create beautiful production UI design
- Integrate UI into Unity, working with engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game
- Optimize UI for best performance and optimal footprint on mobile devices
- Work with Production to identify, estimate, schedule, and track UI/UX tasks
- Participate in sprint and roadmap planning
- Mentor other UI/UX designers; establish best practices and help to hold team accountable to those standards
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college / university
- 5+ years of UI/UX experience
- Expert with Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, & After Effects
- Extensive experience with Unity and various UI implementation methods within Unity
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Design, Art and Engineering teams to define and prototype the best user experiences
- Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems
- A strong understanding of UI conventions and challenges for mobile and other emerging platforms, including UI optimization for best performance and optimal footprint on mobile devices
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions
- At least 1 shipped mobile title as UI/UX artist
- Experience with UI/UX task breakdowns, estimates, sprint planning
- Excellent organization and efficient time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Flash
- Experience creating UI animations and transitions
- Technical art background / skills
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!