PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a talented 3D Artist to join our Art Team and help design and develop our top-grossing games. As our 3D Artist, you'll be responsible for creating 3D models and textures for environments, architecture, props and characters. Responsibilities in this role will range from translating concepts into stunning pre-rendered visuals to delivering performant, real-time 3D assets. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled team bringing cutting edge visuals to a world-class IP.
This is an off-site, contract position with competitive hourly pay, based on experience. The position requires 40 hours per week, which includes creating new 3d assets and collaborating with our cross-functional team.
**Please note: As part of our interview process, qualified candidates will be expected to complete an art test.
- Implement lighting and environmental effects.
- Create environments, landscapes, objects and props.
- Working with high and low poly models.
- Knowledge of rendering/shading, texturing and UV mapping
- Comfortable with cartoony, casual and mid-core styles
- Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games.
- Experience working in an agile project environment.
- Skills in technical rigs and physics setups.
- A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills.
- Ability to work with a team or independently.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- You bring lots of experience creating appealing characters and/or environments
- You know how to create polished and distinct gameplay asset
- Highly creative with a true passion for games
- Great concept art skills with a good eye for composition and color
- Strong skills in 3Ds Max
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to proactively deliver artwork to the target device
- Have previously worked in gaming or a similar industry
- You have good communication and organizational skills
- You are an inspiring mentor to other artists
- Ability to create 3D characters
- Experience using Modo or other 3D software
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Skills in animation and special effects Interest in visual and interaction design
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Experience working with Unity
- Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
- Competitive compensation
- Work remotely with flexible hours
- Collaborate with an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable, and supportive team!
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!