PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our highly collaborative and dynamic team at PlayQ. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with internal teams, including Engineering, Art, and Design to coordinate all facets of development, release, and maintenance of our games. Working with a cross-functional team, you will own the timely execution and quality of the product through the entire development cycle, influencing and affecting the product roadmap and monetization strategies.
- Oversee, coordinate, track and manage activities cross-functionally to ensure that project goals are completed on time
- Establish and communicate clear quality goals and schedule deadlines to ensure the final product is both outstanding and on time
- Expert in utilizing project management tools (e.g. JIRA) to ensure transparency while providing quantitative reporting for team optimization
- Proactively identifies production bottlenecks, issues and risks, and take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties which may impede progress
- Facilitate communication and discussion between team members to ensure total team buy-in, informed decision-making, and development efficiency
- Confidence in taking full ownership of a product and making big decisions
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Maintain up to date documentation and scheduling information by taking notes and disseminating information to the team
- Reach consensus on development schedules with all stakeholders, and manage those by highlighting task priorities, departmental inter-dependencies, resource issues and risks
- Know the product inside and out: design, tech, performance, data, live ops
- Hire and manage additional Production staff, as needed
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- 5+ years of game production experience, preferably in mobile game industry
- At least 1 shipped title where you are credited as a Producer
- Must have a passion for mobile games and good understanding of F2P mobile market
- Solid understanding of project management, software development methodologies and tools, such as JIRA, Git, Perforce or similar revision control system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate your teammates and influence without authority
- Solid ability to work under deadlines and navigate high pressure situations
- Knowledge of Mobile Gaming KPIs and how to affect them
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!