PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
Are you an energized beacon of positivity with immaculate organization, conflict resolution and communication skills that border on the supernatural? Do you know the entire lifecycle of mobile free-to-play games and understand the marriage between creative execution and business needs?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Producer to join our highly collaborative and dynamic team at PlayQ. Working with a cross-functional team, you will own the execution of the product through the entire development cycle, influencing and affecting the product roadmap and monetization strategies while being responsible for the timely execution and quality of the product.
- Oversee, coordinate, track and manage activities cross-functionally to ensure that project goals are completed on time
- Establish and communicate clear quality and time goals to ensure the final product is of high quality and done on time
- Expert in utilizing project management tools (e.g. JIRA) to ensure transparency while providing quantitative reporting for team optimization
- Maintain up to date documentation and scheduling information by taking notes and disseminating information to the team
- Reach consensus on development schedules with all stakeholders, and manage those by highlighting task priorities, departmental inter-dependencies, resource issues and risks
- Understand and plan for all project deliverables, including cross-functional needs, such as external marketing/PR builds
- Proactively identifies production issues and risks, and take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties which may impede progress
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Monitor change requests and determine when significant changes to task scope have occurred
- Other ad-hoc requirements may arise as needed
- B.S./B.A. degree or relevant education combined with experience
- 5+ years of game production experience, preferably in mobile game industry
- Must have a passion for mobile games and good understanding of F2P mobile market
- Solid understanding of project management, software development methodologies and tools, such as JIRA, Git, Perforce or similar revision control system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate your teammates and influence without authority
- Solid ability to work under deadlines and stressful conditions
- Knowledge of Mobile Gaming KPIs and how to affect them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design and/or Marketing
- Takes fun seriously
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!