PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Data Engineer to help us unlock the full potential of our analytical capabilities. You’ll help guide the data engineering process for our rapidly growing datasets and have the freedom to innovate as you work closely with our data and engineering teams to develop new ways to store and analyze business-critical data from multiple sources. This role will allow you to make the most of your versatility, leadership qualities, and enthusiasm for new challenges as we continue to scale our platform and infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience managing big data and cloud infrastructure with the ability to tie engineering initiatives to business impact. If you’re excited by the opportunity to help guide our data engineering strategy then we’d love to hear from you!
- Build and manage efficient and reliable real-time data pipelines from disparate data sources
- Design, develop and launch data ingestion and storage systems with high availability and reliability that can scale
- Drive the advancement of data infrastructure by developing and implementing underlying logic and structure for how data is set up, cleaned and stored
- Take an integral role in designing and implementing a data lake strategy
- Build and manage a universal semantic layer over the data lake
- Architect, launch and manage automated extraction & transformation processes
- Build scalable data aggregation layer from queues and batches of data for data visualization
- Collaborate with development teams on design, architecture, and expansion of infrastructure
- BS from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
- 4-5 years of experience in building data pipelines, data architecture, data modeling & data governance
- Proficient working with SQL/NoSQL databases and MPP/columnar data warehouse solutions (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc.)
- Experience with AWS environments: Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, S3, RDS, Glue, Spectrum, Dynamodb, Lambda
- Proficient working with Python, bash or other scripting languages
- Must have experience working with large data sets
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!