PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a skilled, ambitious Senior QA Manager to own the quality and comprehensive testing of our top grossing mobile titles as well as internal tools and services. The Senior QA Manager will manage the execution of all quality assurance testing and performance profiling, while assisting with test planning, localization verification, build distribution, submission and sign-off processes, and the hiring and mentoring of other quality assurance staff.
The Senior QA Manager will collaborate closely with other development staff, including producers, designers, artists, and engineers to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate has mobile gaming experience in both quality assurance and production roles, is deadline oriented, thrives in a fast paced environment, and has excellent analytical and communication skills. The ability to understand all phases of mobile game development, and to efficiently diagnose, prioritize and delegate testing duties is critical to success in this role.
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and plan testing for features and builds, including releases of our live games, web portal, and backend services
- Attend daily meetings with cross-functional teams as a representative of the QA team
- Prioritize and delegate QA testing and profiling assignments, monitor tasks through completion, and ensure testing schedules are met and releases go out on time
- Oversee the development of the QA pipeline, test plans, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps
- Drive continuous process improvements for the QA department and the company. Provide and Implement Quality Assurance standards and best practices to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Record test results, generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during testing phase.
- Create clear and detailed bug reports and manage bug databases.
- Mentor additional QA resources
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus.
- 3+ years mobile game development experience
- 2+ years experience in a manager or lead position
- 1+ years direct QA testing experience; contributed to the testing of at least 1 released mobile game title
- Thorough understanding of the complete software test cycle; deep awareness of full game development cycle and the role of Dev QA, quality assurance techniques and methodologies
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists and test plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Exceptional people and time management, planning, prioritizing and delegating skills
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision
- Proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Business perspective to consider commercial and business goals in relation to development tasks
- Previous production experience, preferably in a mobile game development environment
- Experience testing iOS, Android, web based applications and Server and API code.
- Experience with automated testing, scripting languages, or C#
- Experience with localization, build distribution and submissions
- Experience using Jira, Google Docs, and build distribution management solutions
- Experience with Unity game engine
- Proven track record in Agile Development
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!