PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Our VP of User Acquisition role presents a rare opportunity to join PlayQ’s executive leadership team and guide the investment of a multi-million dollar performance marketing budget across our top grossing mobile titles. Our ideal candidate leverages analytics to attract new players and drive LTV from all marketing channels while continuing to engage our loyal fans.
As a deeply analytical and creative leader, you'll also have demonstrated experience balancing strategic thinking with tactical execution within the mobile user acquisition landscape. You are accustomed to taking ownership and accountability for your team’s results, navigating the unknowns that come with testing new creative approaches, and enjoy leveraging your strong leadership skills to further grow and develop our high performing user acquisition and creative services teams.
In addition to developing and executing the vision and direction for our growth marketing efforts, you’ll also oversee a diverse set of projects and initiatives, including the development of new tools and processes, creative design, and iterative creative testing.
If you’re excited by the challenge of owning our user acquisition strategy in the everchanging mobile gaming landscape then we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead our User Acquisition and Creative Services teams while working cross-functionally to manage and optimize our performance marketing campaigns across all channels
- Consistently optimize all existing user acquisition channels, while leading the experimentation and creation of new channels
- Leverage iterative creative advertising that will deliver return on ad spend
- Partner with the Product team to maximize LTV across all stages of the conversion funnel
- Serve as a thought leader by staying up to date and adapting to the evolving mobile user acquisition landscape, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies
- Work closely with data team and leverage data insights to develop new growth strategies and initiatives
- Lead the team in designing and developing internal performance marketing benchmarks, platform tools and processes
- Support the development of ad creative, and on-time production schedules
- BA/BS Degree in a relevant field of study
- 10+ years of digital marketing experience, preferably in the mobile app or mobile gaming space
- 3+ years in a leadership and management role, at either an Executive or Director level
- Experience successfully managing large performance marketing campaigns across multiple media channels
- Expert-level understanding of the current mobile user acquisition and marketing landscape
- Strong professional network within the mobile industry that can foster new growth opportunities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Ability to manage and oversee both analytical and creative marketing team members
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution, as needed
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell and negotiate
- Ability to strategically project plan and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!