PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming company with offices based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica and city center of Kiev, Ukraine. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
We are looking for a 3D Animator with an aptitude for motion graphics and visual design to join our friendly team. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to conceptualize, design, animate and develop game animations, as well as create unique video clips and cut scenes. Ideally, you are as comfortable in the creation of your work as you are in following through with the production. We iterate, and then we iterate some more... This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled team bringing cutting edge visuals to a world-class IP.
- Create, develop and execute 3D animations (characters, props, environment, etc.) with full deadline responsibility from concept development, storyboard & animatic design, to finished production of content
- Maintain the artistic direction and vision through all phases of development. This entails ensuring animations are of the highest artistic quality and upholding the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole
- Collaborate with other artists and project managers
- Prioritize tasks with management and remain accountable to deadlines
- Communicate & storyboard your concepts ideas and being able to communicate your concepts to the greater team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- 2+ years of experience as 3D Animator
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Strong skills in design and illustration
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk 3Ds Max, Spine
- A portfolio that reflects your skills in 3D animation
- You possess an excellent aesthetic taste with the ability to produce 3D animations that are both visually appealing and engaging
- You see constructive feedback as an integral part of the creative process and approach giving and receiving feedback as an opportunity for growth and critique
- You are creative, productive and efficient when working under tight deadlines
- You are self-driven and possess good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
- Experience with After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D
- Skils in rigging or skinning
- Ability to work with particles and effects, know the basics of rendering and visualization
- Experience in the mobile games industry
- Intermediate English skills
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!