PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for an extremely talented and experienced engineer to lead our game engineering team on our current and future titles and technology. You should be one of the best and brightest, with a passion for software architecture, problem solving, and working in a collaborative environment with significant ownership and responsibility.
- Lead the development of our next multi-platform game engine interfacing with company stakeholders throughout the project duration.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding, mentoring and leading a team of varying experience
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives
- Evaluate our current systems to identify flaws and provide efficient solutions
- Help shape continual evolution of development process and practice by identifying and articulating goals and risks to management
- Collaborate effectively with a small, high-energy team of designers, and programmers
- Write super-clean, testable, and well documented code
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years programming experience, with 4+ on mobile; 4+ years as Lead, or similar position
- 2+ years of working with Unity in C#
- A history of developing software architecture and a history of shipping commercially successful products
- Proven track record of success as it relates to the full lifecycle of product development, launch and revenue success.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration systems, and source control
- Experience using mobile platform native features such as push notifications
- Experience implementing and/or creating native iOS and Android plugins for Unity
- Excellent understanding of AWS and other significant backend platforms
- Excellent optimization, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, analytical, creative, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Excellent comprehension and practice of Agile methodology
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!