PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
We're looking for an extremely talented and seasoned engineer to lead engineering on our newest title and technology in a Principal or Lead role. You should be one of the best and brightest, with a passion for software architecture, problem solving, and working in a collaborative environment with significant ownership and responsibility.
- Lead the development of our next multi-platform game engine interfacing with company stakeholders throughout the project duration.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding,
- Mentoring and leading a team of varying experience
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years programming experience, with 4+ on mobile; 4+ years as Senior or Lead
- 2 years of working with Unity in C#
- A history of developing software architecture and a history of shipping commercially successful products.
- Collaborate effectively with a small, high-energy team of designers, and programmers
- Demonstrated command of object-oriented programming languages and a thorough knowledge of software design practices including modularity, event-driven architecture, graphics and animation techniques, portability, extensibility and testability.
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to jump on a system and identify its flaws and their solution quickly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software best-practices.
- Write super-clean, testable, and well documented code
- Self-motivated, analytical, creative, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Strong skills in terms of identifying and articulating goals and risks to management.
- Proven track record of success as it relates to the full lifecycle of product development, launch and revenue success.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?