PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist to join our passionate team. As the Senior Environment Artist you’ll be responsible for working directly with the Art Director and Director of Engineering to implement beautiful environments and props within the Unity engine. Responsibilities in this role will range from translating concepts into stunning in-game environments to optimizations and budget management. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled team bringing cutting edge visuals to a world class IP.
- Lead and guide environment creation and implementation within Unity.
- Lead and implement lighting and environmental effects.
- Create shaders within Unity to achieve beautiful and artistic visuals across the entire game. (environment, characters, props, etc).
- Lead the selection and implementation of post-processing effects in engine.
- Oversee asset optimization and help establish budgets in conjunction with look.
- Model, texture, and animate props.
- Integrate art assets into the engine.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college / university
- 5+ years of digital art/3D experience
- Expert understanding of Maya/Max and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of Mudbox and ZBrush
- Exceptional high-poly and low-poly modeling skills
- Strong knowledge of materials and lighting
- Strong knowledge of node based shaders
- Understanding of GgFX, HLSL, or Cg
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Concepting and 2D art skills
- Scripting experience in Python or MEL
Location & Salary:
- We are offering relocation for this position
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!