PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist to join our passionate team. As the Senior Environment Artist you’ll be responsible for working directly with the Art Director and Director of Engineering to implement beautiful environments and props within the Unity engine. Responsibilities in this role will range from translating concepts into stunning in-game environments to optimizations and budget management. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled team bringing cutting edge visuals to a world class IP.
- Lead and guide environment creation and implementation within Unity.
- Lead and implement lighting and environmental effects.
- Create shaders within Unity to achieve beautiful and artistic visuals across the entire game. (environment, characters, props, etc).
- Lead the selection and implementation of post-processing effects in engine.
- Oversee asset optimization and help establish budgets in conjunction with look.
- Model, texture, and animate props.
- Integrate art assets into the engine.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college / university
- 5+ years of digital art/3D experience
- Expert understanding of Maya/Max and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of Mudbox and ZBrush
- Exceptional high-poly and low-poly modeling skills
- Strong knowledge of materials and lighting
- Strong knowledge of node based shaders
- Understanding of GgFX, HLSL, or Cg
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Concepting and 2D art skills
- Scripting experience in Python or MEL
Location & Salary:
- We are offering relocation for this position
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!