PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
Are you ready to help build infrastructure that impacts how millions of our players connect, explore, and interact with our top-grossing games? PlayQ’s team is led by the world’s top engineering talent to build the most clever and diverse products for our global audience. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Services Engineer to join us and ensure we maintain maximum uptime, stability, and performance across our mobile portfolio.
You will have freedom to innovate as you work closely with our data and engineering teams to manage deployments and ensure that mission critical systems are functioning effectively and consistently. The technical scope of the project is broad and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
You’d be a great match for this position if you’re versatile, exercise accountability in your role and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in an ever changing industry.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS cloud services
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and other cross-functional teams
- Deploy, maintain, and scale our platform using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Work closely with Software Engineers to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Automate processes using open source tools and custom Python code
- Unify the logging and exception framework to allow faster bug diagnosis
- Manage and maintain data ETL processes for analytics teams
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a keen interest in automation
- Computer Science, and/or Math degree from an accredited college/university
- 5-7+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux environment
- Solid knowledge of basic AWS cloud services (EC2, S3, ELB, VPC)
- Strong knowledge of basic networking (Routing, Firewalls, etc)
- Experience working with Python and / or other languages in similar environments
- Knowledge of bash and shell scripting
- Understanding of containers and container-based services (Docker, Rocket, LXC, etc)
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems such as Kubenetes
- Ability to work with TeamCity or similar CI systems
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Experience NoSQL databases (Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB)
- Experience SQL databases (Postgres, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift)
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible
- Experience using Terraform to produce Infrastructure-as-Code on AWS
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!