PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Are you ready to help build infrastructure that impacts how millions of our players connect, explore, and interact with our top-grossing games? PlayQ’s team is led by the world’s top engineering talent to build the most clever and diverse products for our global audience. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Services Engineer to join us and ensure we maintain maximum uptime, stability, and performance across our mobile portfolio.
You will have the freedom to innovate as you work closely with our data and engineering teams to manage deployments and ensure that mission-critical systems are functioning effectively and consistently. The technical scope of the project is broad and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
You’d be a great match for this position if you’re versatile, exercise accountability in your role and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in an ever-changing industry.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS cloud services
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and other cross-functional teams
- Deploy, maintain, and scale our platform using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Work closely with Software Engineers to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Automate processes using open source tools and custom Python code
- Unify the logging and exception framework to allow faster bug diagnosis
- Manage and maintain data ETL processes for analytics teams
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a keen interest in automation
- Computer Science, and/or Math degree from an accredited college/university
- 5-7+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux environment
- Solid knowledge of basic AWS cloud services (EC2, S3, ELB, VPC)
- Strong knowledge of basic networking (Routing, Firewalls, etc)
- Experience working with Python and / or other languages in similar environments
- Knowledge of bash and shell scripting
- Understanding of containers and container-based services (Docker, Rocket, LXC, etc)
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Ability to work with TeamCity or similar CI systems
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Experience NoSQL databases (Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB)
- Experience SQL databases (Postgres, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift)
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible
- Experience using Terraform to produce Infrastructure-as-Code on AWS
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!