PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
We’re looking for an Office Operations Coordinator to join our growing People Operations Team at PlayQ’s beachfront headquarters in Santa Monica. You’ll help create an efficient and effective workplace experience that enables our team to do their best work and also provides a warm welcome to all guests.
This entry-level position requires a delicate balance of managing the variety of responsibilities associated with daily office operations and proactively assessing ongoing and future facilities needs. We put a high value on quality and, above all, the ability and desire to exercise accountability in all aspects of your work. If you’re a stickler for details, passionate about organization, and excited about taking on the challenges of running a beautiful office, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a non-exempt hourly full-time position that will be based in our Santa Monica office.
- Act as an owner of the entire office and maintain office standards and aesthetic by budgeting, tracking, ordering, restocking, arranging and overseeing office maintenance or service, and conducting daily quality-assurance walkthroughs
- Proactively identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency in office operations processes
- Manage relationships with facilities vendors and maintain vendor schedule for weekly team lunches and set up/clean up weekly team lunches
- Run local errands associated with employee experience events, birthdays, anniversaries and general office operations
- Office vibe - Serve as office captain, making sure HQ is a terrific place to come to work
- Support execution of office-wide internal events, both small and large scale (occasional evening event coverage may be required)
- Manage swag sourcing, ordering, and distribution to internal and remote employees
- Staff the front desk Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm. Manage and greet all visitors and guests and provide support
- 1+ years of work experience - preferably in a fast-paced office or operationally-focused role
- Extremely detailed-oriented. Typos or ambiguities never get past you in written communication. You can spot a burned out lightbulb a mile away!
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills and a flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to bring projects from inception to completion and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Very comfortable with technology (think software like Slack, Atlassian, Trello and Google Suite) and hardware including routers, laptops, monitors, televisions, etc.)
- Positive and personable with a genuine interest in creating an amazing work environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Accrued time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!