PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is seeking a Senior Game Engineer to work within a small team to design, develop, and maintain our latest project. You must be experienced with Unity 5, UGUI, Object Oriented design principles, asset bundles, and script writing in C#. You must be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment.
A well-qualified candidate will be someone who has experience creating games in unity for both iOS and Android.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years game development experience
- Must have published at least one Android and iOS app
- Understanding of test-driven development, continuous integration systems, and source control
- Proficiency in C#, and object oriented programming
- Write super-clean, testable, and well documented code
- Experience with both 3D and 2D graphics in unity
- Experience in implementing: UI (Unity's In-build system or NGUI), asset bundles, materials/particle systems/shaders
- Collaborate effectively with a small, high-energy team of designers, and programmers
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and stay up with industry standards
- Ability to work on fixed deadlines
- Experience using mobile platform native features such as push notifications
- Experience implementing and/or creating native iOS and Android plugins for Unity
- Good understanding of AWS and other significant backend platforms
- Strong commitment to stability, performance, & outstanding user experience
- Understanding of 2D and 3D and ideally have gone through a full product cycle – from concept to shipping and post launch support in a role that included both architecting game systems and tracking down bugs.
- Thrive on learning new technologies; excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience writing shaders
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?