PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
The Director of User Acquisition role presents the opportunity to lead the User Acquisition team at PlayQ, in the investment of a multi-million dollar performance marketing budget across the world's top mobile advertising networks.
In addition to leading day-to-day user acquisition efforts, the Director will oversee a diverse set of projects and initiatives, including direction-setting and strategic decision making, the development of new tools and processes, creative design, and testing/iterative learning across all growth channels.
Key facets of the role include developing a deep understanding of our products and target audiences, then utilizing knowledge of the underlying technology/algorithms behind each of our partner ad networks and internal tools to drive optimal performance of user acquisition spend.
The ideal candidate is an experienced manager who is accustomed to leading a team in a digital marketing or growth capacity. He/She is both personable, analytical, responsible, and detail-oriented, with the ability to motivate and direct a team on concurrent projects relating to the management and growth of large-scale advertising campaigns.
This role will work closely with the leaders of other cross-functional teams, including Creative Services, Product, Data, Design, and Platform Engineering.
- Lead the User Acquisition team in the management and optimization of mobile performance marketing campaigns across multiple ad networks and mobile storefronts (e.g. iOS, Google Play, Amazon)
- Manage the profitable investment of an 8-figure user acquisition budget to hit KPI targets and achieve user and revenue growth
- Monitor, optimize and report performance on campaigns across active ad networks on an ongoing basis
- Stay current on the mobile user acquisition landscape, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to develop new ideas and initiatives for growth
- Lead and execute on various growth initiatives in the areas of user acquisition, ASO, re-engagement, etc.
- Oversee all reporting and analytics related to user acquisition and marketing
- Utilize data insights to develop new growth strategies and initiatives
- Lead the team in designing and developing internal performance marketing platform tools and processes
- Serve as the main point of contact for multiple ad network and third party relationships
- Develop test plans and experiment with new user acquisition initiatives, then analyze performance to identify the highest impact opportunities
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team on ad creative development and ensure production schedules remain on track
- Define and enhance spend and measurement decision-making methodologies
- Lead the research and evaluation of new user acquisition/growth channels
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study, Masters is a plus
- 3-5+ years digital marketing/user acquisition experience, preferably in the mobile app or mobile gaming space
- 2-3+ years in a leadership and management role
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital/media channels
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Expert-level understanding of the current mobile user acquisition and marketing landscape, mobile analytics, and mobile attribution
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell one’s ideas and negotiate
- Ability to project plan and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Expertise with Excel or Tableau, or similar analytics/visualization software is a plus
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!