PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
The VP of Growth role presents a rare opportunity to join the executive leadership team at PlayQ, overseeing User Acquisition, Marketing, Creative Services, and other growth functions within a fast-paced, profitable, and growing mobile gaming/technology company.
Key aspects of the role include setting the strategy and direction for user growth at PlayQ, leadership and development of multiple growth-related teams, and the management of an 8-figure user acquisition/marketing budget to drive user and revenue growth through a variety of channels.
The ideal candidate is a proven and natural leader with a successful track record of developing, planning, and executing on user acquisition, branding, or other growth initiatives within the mobile space. He/She is adept at hiring, managing, and developing teams, is an expert when it comes to identifying new objectives and prioritization, is skilled at working with leaders across various disciplines to accomplish growth initiatives, and is accustomed to taking ownership and accountability for the outcomes of whole departments within a company.
This role will work closely with leaders on the Executive, Data Science, Product, Design, and Platform Engineering teams to help shape the vision and direction for growth at PlayQ, and will report to the Chief Performance Officer.
- Define, lead, and execute on PlayQ’s user acquisition, marketing and user growth initiatives
- Manage the profitable investment of an 8-figure user acquisition budget to hit KPI targets and achieve user and revenue growth
- Oversee the User Acquisition, Marketing, and Creative Services teams while working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Data Science, and Platform Engineering
- Serve as a thought leader in the company and set out best practices and performance standards for all user acquisition and growth initiatives
- Stay current on the mobile user acquisition landscape, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to serve as the subject matter expert on growth
- Oversee all reporting and analytics related to user acquisition and marketing
- Utilize data insights to develop new growth strategies and initiatives
- Lead the team in designing and developing internal performance marketing platform tools and processes
- Oversee the consistent monitoring of user acquisition performance and ensure teams are accomplishing goals and deliverables on time
- BA/BS Degree in a relevant field of study, Masters is preferred
- 10+ years digital marketing experience, preferably in the mobile app or mobile gaming space
- 3+ years in a leadership and management role, at either an Executive or Director level
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital/media channels
- Extensive experience with performance marketing and media buying, including but not limited to user acquisition via social media, opt-in video ad networks, DSPs, offer walls/incent, affiliates, SEM, email, etc.
- Expert-level understanding of the current mobile user acquisition and marketing landscape, mobile analytics, and mobile attribution
- Strong professional network within the mobile industry that can foster new growth opportunities and team building
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Ability to manage and oversee both analytical and creative marketing team members
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization, as needed
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell and negotiate
- Ability to project plan and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong business acumen with the ability to set out vision and strategic planning initiatives
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!