PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
The Marketing Manager, User Acquisition will have the opportunity to manage multi-million dollar marketing budgets across the world's top mobile advertising networks, and will work closely with internal cross-functional teams, including Creative Services, Design, Data and Product. Key facets of the role include developing a deep understanding of our products and insights into the underlying behavior and interests of our players and target audience. The ideal candidate for this position is a marketer at heart, who enjoys and excels at gaining insights into consumer psychology through iterative testing of advertising creative and messaging, then analyzing the response and performance of that messaging, and applying insights to craft engaging and appealing ad content for our target audience. The ideal candidate is personable, communicative, inquisitive, empathetic, responsible, and detail-oriented, with the ability to juggle concurrent marketing projects and the management of large-scale advertising campaigns.
- Responsibility over ad creative direction, messaging, analysis, and optimization of millions of dollars in marketing spend each year
- Work with best-in-industry data and user acquisition tools; providing more time to focus on the things that matter
- Work directly with an in-house Creative Services team to quickly iterate and produce the most effective ad creative
- Have a voice in helping to shape the strategy, tools development, and processes within the UA team
- Create and manage mobile performance marketing campaigns across multiple ad networks and storefronts (e.g. iOS, Google Play, Amazon)
- Monitor, optimize and report performance on campaigns across active ad networks on an ongoing basis
- Function as the “Champion of Creative” within the User Acquisition team by taking initiative over all things related to ad creatives including, research, ideation, content creation, testing and analysis
- Manage the ad creatives production process from ideation, to production request, through production, testing and final deployment within our ad campaigns
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team on ad creative development and ensure production schedules remain on track
- Develop test plans for experimenting with various ad creative formats, ad creative elements, and messaging, then analyze performance to identify the most effective approaches
- Gain a deep understanding of our games and their target audiences to be able to craft the ad creative and messaging that will resonate the best
- Keep up with industry best practices and knowledge as it applies to all things related to ad creatives
- Assist with the development and testing of app store assets (i.e. screenshot, icon, copy) as it applies to App Store Optimization (ASO) across mobile storefronts
- Serve as the main point of contact for multiple ad network and third party relationships
- Develop new insights and process improvements for internal user acquisition management, analysis, and reporting
- Research and evaluate new user acquisition channels and actively monitor the latest products and features from partner ad networks
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, digital media, mobile or web user acquisition, or media buying
- Strong understanding of user behavior and the analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell one’s ideas and negotiate
- Ability to project plan and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Expertise with Excel or Tableau, or similar analytics/visualization software is a plus
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!