PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica,CA and the city center of Kiev, Ukraine, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer to join our passionate team of creators. As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design, architecture, and implementation of new data technologies, back-end services & systems. You will also be responsible for leading data platform projects for our high-quality games and analytical solutions. Responsibilities in this role will range from designing platform architecture to deployment, performance optimizations, and scaling. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with high load and availability projects and create a unique foundation for our products.
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams
- Implement and maintain services and tools for production and infrastructure
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- We use Scala, Typelevel ecosystem (cats, circe, http4s), zio, doobie, izumi (distage, logstage, idealingua)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems from an accredited college / university
- 4-6 years of experience, with at least 2-3 years in a lead/senior role
- Solid experience in databases (Postgres, Amazon DynamoDB, or others), data modeling, and scaling
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following languages: .Net, Java, Scala
- Proficiency with cloud technology providers (AWS, Azure, and others)
- Deep understanding of best practices for creating scalable and high-performance applications architecture
- Great communication skills
- Experience working with containers
- Knowledge of cloud orchestration and automation tools
- Experience working with big data
- Experience working with highly loaded solutions
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!