Playground Global is run by successful entrepreneurs who conceived, built and scaled successful technology companies before becoming venture capitalists. Playground invests in early-stage, deep tech startups - our portfolio companies streamline farming operations to increase food production efficiency, create a shipping network for e-commerce delivery powered by intelligence and data, and much more. Our team has the technical skills and passion for digging in deep with entrepreneurs, helping them solve technical challenges to execute their visions.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our team and help support our partners investing in Automation & AI, Robotics, Logistics and Supply Chain. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves technology, is a deep thinker and an enthusiastic self-starter. You don’t need to have investment experience, but you do need to have a strong interest in learning to be a venture investor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with Playground’s partners to help develop an investment thesis.
- Source investment opportunities and evaluate inbound leads.
- Perform technical and business due diligence.
- Build relationships with portfolio companies and provide advice and assistance as they grow.
- Prepare briefing documents, financial returns and other analyses to support important meetings and communications.
- 3+ year(s) of experience at a startup, investment bank, or venture firm.
- Technical Undergraduate degree preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Fluency in technology.
- Possess exceptional decision making instincts, strong analytical skills, and highly self-motivated.
- You work hard, smart and with a sense of urgency, in order words - you have hustle!
- Excel in written and verbal communication.
- Able to work from Playground’s office in Palo Alto 3+ days a week.
- Identify with Playground Values
- Intellectually curious and practical
- Collaborative and ambitious
- Thrive on building something worthwhile regardless of the challenge
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary Range: $130,000 - $170,000. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this California-based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as experience, knowledge and skills.
- Compensation will also include Annual Target Bonus + shares in Playground's Virtual Share program.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + Paid Annual Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Coverage
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- World class daily culinary experience
About Playground Global:
Playground Global invests in early-stage, deep tech startups – companies like Relativity Space, the world’s first autonomous rocket factory, or Virta Health, the team aiming to end type 2 diabetes. As a whole, our team has the technical skills and passion for digging in deep with entrepreneurs, helping them solve technical challenges to execute their vision quickly.
At Playground, we’re committed to racial equity, social justice, and equal opportunity. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.