Playgig is a game studio founded in early 2021 by industry veterans and backed by leading venture capital investors. Join a high-growth, early-stage startup and help shape both the game and the studio as a whole!
We are seeking a highly skilled Build Engineer to work with our multi talented team to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
The Build Engineer will be responsible for making sure an up-to-date build of the game can be created when needed as quickly as possible.
This involves automating and optimizing processes, maintaining software and hardware systems, creating tests and helpful tools, and communicating with every game team member.
Working really close to the QA and Development teams, as well as the various stakeholders, you will have the opportunity to understand all the internal dynamics and impact the way we build our product processes.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with many other disciplines such as design, LiveOps, business intelligence and development engineering, to build and test products that meet the overall business needs. This is a dynamic role with high exposure to many aspects of developing and running a unique game.
Core hours are 2pm to 11pm IST, 5 days a week, working weekends when required along with compensation days off during the weekdays. This will be an on-site position, located in Bengaluru - India.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you and discuss further!
What You’ll Do:
- Organisation: plan the release, manage the making of the new build while maintaining the old one;
- Programming: develop code to improve the build;
- Innovation: spot problems with the code and be able to find solutions;
- Communication: be able to share thinking with designers, programmers, project managers and QA technicians - it’s important everyone agrees the build engineers’ plans;
- Attention to detail: spot imperfections in code, write detailed documents about each release.
What We Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related work experience;
- 3+ years of experience in game building + testing and automation frameworks;
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks such as Unity Test Runner or similar tools;
- Experience with Unity Editor and Unity Build process for windows+iOS+Android, further Build pipeline creation for Playstation+Xbox+Switch;
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins (Must), TeamCity, or Travis CI;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for gaming and a desire to work in the game development industry.
Nice to have:
- Worked on multiple games as service titles;
- Experience in working with Prototype Team;
- Experience with Automation tools like Selenium, Appium is added plus;
- Experience in owning/directing and leading sub teams in delivering features;
- Fully functional PC/laptop, Win or MAC;
- Mobile Device (Android or iOS);
- Experience with mobile, MMO and free to play games;
- Good knowledge of Jira and Confluence;
- Competency in MS Office and Google suite.
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone is free to be who they are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
At Playgig, play is our life’s work.
Founded in 2021, we’re a team of experienced game developers creating worlds in which people can immerse themselves and play games with their friends. From blue-sky conceptualization all the way through launch and live operations, our approach emphasizes working closely with players because players are at the heart of everything we do. Join a high-growth, early-stage startup and help shape both the game and the studio as a whole.
Learn more at www.playgig.com.