Playgig is a game studio founded in early 2021 by industry veterans and backed by leading venture capital investors. Join a high-growth, early-stage startup and help shape both the game and the studio as a whole!
Game Automation Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled Game QA Automation Engineer to work with our multi-talented team to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
Core hours are 2pm to 11pm IST, 5 days a week, working weekends when required along with compensation days off during the weekdays. This will be an on-site position, located in Bengaluru - India.
The ideal candidate will have experience in game testing and automation frameworks. The Game QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated testing frameworks for our games. Working together with the rest of the QA team, development department as well as the various stakeholders, you will have the opportunity to understand all the internal dynamics and impact the way we build our product processes. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with many other disciplines such as design, LiveOps, Business Intelligence and Development Engineering, to build and test products that meet the overall business needs. This is a dynamic role with high exposure to many aspects of developing and running a unique game.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you and discuss further!
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain automation frameworks for game testing;
- Create integrate and maintain Test Builds;
- Design, write, and execute automated test cases;
- Integrate automation scripts with continuous integration systems;
- Work closely with developers to identify and prioritize test cases for automation;
- Collaborate with QA team members to ensure the highest quality of testing;
- Develop and maintain test plans and test cases for automationAnalyze test results and provide feedback to development teams;Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to improve the automation process;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and tools for game QA automation;
- Report game defects, including complete steps, identification of root cause, and expected results into appropriate bug tracking software;
- Creating and sending test reports upon completion of test activities.
What We Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related work experience;
- Strong experience in game testing and automation frameworks;
- Strong C# programming skills;
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks such as Unity Test Runner or similar tools;
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity, or Travis CI;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for gaming and a desire to work in the game development industry.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a remote and hybrid working culture;
- Worked on multiple games as service titles;
- Experience in working with Prototype Team;
- Experience with Automation tools like Selenium, Appium is added plus;
- Experience in owning/directing and leading sub teams in delivering features;
- Fully functional PC/laptop, Win or MAC, Mobile Device (Android or iOS);
- Experience with mobile, MMO and free to play games;
- Good knowledge of Jira and Confluence;
- Competency in MS Office and Google suite.
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone is free to be who they are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
At Playgig, play is our life’s work.
Founded in 2021, we’re a team of experienced game developers creating worlds in which people can immerse themselves and play games with their friends. From blue-sky conceptualization all the way through launch and live operations, our approach emphasizes working closely with players because players are at the heart of everything we do. Join a high-growth, early-stage startup and help shape both the game and the studio as a whole.
Learn more at www.playgig.com.