Playgig is a game studio founded in early 2021 by industry veterans and backed by leading venture capital investors. Join a high-growth, early-stage startup and help shape both the game and the studio as a whole!
Senior UI Programmer
We are currently looking for a skilled Senior UI Programmer to join our team. You will be responsible for driving the development and creation of amazing user experiences. This role is relied upon to solve the most complex UI challenges throughout development by utilizing research and innovative technologies to aid in the creation of and set the bar for the UI in our games.
This role tackles intrinsically hard problems and breaks complex problems into straightforward solutions. Flexibility is key and therefore able to adopt approaches to meet the needs of the team, project, or product. Time is split between coding, design, and architecture based on where skills will have the strongest impact. You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess amazing UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design, implement, and maintain new and existing interfaces and related systems for our projects;
- Work with UI/UX Lead, Designers, Artists, and Programmers to create high-quality and cutting-edge user experiences;
- Maintain a clean and optimized UI codebase, ensure consistent coding conventions, and help develop best practices;
- Create dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content;
- Work with the UI/UX Artists to come up with practical solutions to technical challenges and ensure in-game implementations match mockups and vision;
- Acts as an expert in specific fields within the spectrum of UI programming;
- Prototype and Iterate on UI systems to bring them to quality;
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering;
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks;
- Oversees or participates in the design and implementation of UI systems within areas of concentration;
- Establishes the standard of excellence for work performed within their areas of concentration;
- Acts as a mentor to other programmers and assists other Programmers with all technical questions.
What We Expect From You:
- Solid experience building UI and experiences in game engines and across multiple platforms (such as mobile, web, pc and/or consoles);
- Solid experience shipping updates and new features to a user base on a regular cadence;
- Excellent C# programming skills;
- Unity3D development experience;
- Working knowledge of UI Toolkit and/or Unity UI;
- A solid understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development;
- Ability to listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs;
- Must work well in a team environment with UI designers, programmers and artists.
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone is free to be who they are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
At Playgig, play is our life’s work.
Founded in 2021, we’re a team of experienced game developers creating worlds in which people can immerse themselves and play games with their friends. From blue-sky conceptualization all the way through launch and live operations, our approach emphasizes working closely with players because players are at the heart of everything we do. Join a high-growth, early-stage startup and help shape both the game and the studio as a whole.
Learn more at www.playgig.com.