The Players’ Tribune envisions a new sports media landscape where fans and players are connected more deeply and directly than ever before, and we’re looking for an ambitious data scientist who can help turn that vision into reality. The key element in this vision is leveraging our unique relationship with players to gather, produce, and evaluate data at a scale and depth that enables a precise understanding of athlete branding, audience engagement, and the type of content that accelerate the growth of both.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate current and future data capabilities to TPT Product and Tech
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to produce data-focused experiments, proof of concepts, and MVPs.
- Implement, test and maintain data pipelines composed of:
- ingestion: sourced from external APIs and internal crawlers
- persistence: leveraging scalable and stable database(s)
- consumption (dynamic): for variant ML training datasets on demand
- consumption (static): for APIs used by user-facing products
- Create and maintain tooling for internal use of pipelines and APIs
- Create and maintain documentation of pipelines and APIs
- Configure and maintain a cluster of GPU VMs for parallel ML training
- Collaborate with data-scientist to optimize ML models for production use
- 6+ years of industry experience in a data engineering role, or a backend engineering role with a focus on data
- Strong Python, SQL, skills
- Familiarity with the vendor universe around web tracking