The Players’ Tribune envisions a new sports media landscape where fans and players are connected more deeply and directly than ever before, and we’re looking for an ambitious data scientist who can help turn that vision into reality. The key element in this vision is leveraging our unique relationship with players to gather, produce, and evaluate data at a scale and depth that enables a precise understanding of athlete branding, audience engagement, and the type of content that accelerate the growth of both.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re a mixture between a statistician, scientist, and psychologist: the ideal candidate understands human behavior and knows what to look for in the data — both to discover problems and to solve them.
You’ll join an engineering department whose primary mission is enabling the collection, storage, processing, and delivery of data, while working on cross-functional teams that span all departments (product, sales, athlete relations, content) to identify and solve complex high-impact problems. Your work will not only set the direction of data-science at TPT, but will steer our company toward our CEO’s goal of being data-driven in all that we do.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline
- 4-8 years of industry experience in data science
- Expert in communicating complex problems and solutions to non-technical users
- Expert in statistical software and data modeling (R, MATLAB, Python, Julia)
- Expert in statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods, cluster analysis
- Proficient in big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Proficient in building and leveraging internal and external data APIs
- Proficient in deep learning models and frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Torch/PyTorch)
- Familiarity or interest in Clojure, DL4J, Onyx
If working with compelling technology, talented teammates, and a rocket-ship of a startup sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!