Who are we?
Plato is a new type of design agency. We empower people to do what they love from anywhere in the world. Our vision is to blend the best of human creativity with the power of Machine Learning to reimagine collaboration with each other, and partnership with our clients.
We believe that if you hire talented folks, lead with trust, and give people the tools they need to succeed, then creativity will come. Our team is completely distributed, but we’re building new modes of operation together.
Our team leverages technology to collaborate because we want to, dives into deep work when we need to, and (every so often) connects in real life because we like to. With us, you get the opportunity to be curious and collaborate with passionate peers, without sacrificing autonomy or career ownership.
Plato is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s best investors. Join us on our untraditional, inspiring journey.
As Plato scales from 40 to 400 customers, account management serves to enrich the day-to -day experience of Plato customers in getting the most out of our design services. You will add a human touch to the experience of working with Plato, aligning customers with our creative team and being the essential catalyst for a successful Plato experience. Your work will lead to long term retention and loyalty as well as create delight in the human relationships you will manage.
You will also work closely with Plato's CRO to integrate systems that leverage technology to scale the workload of account management while maximizing the amount of time required to build nourishing client relationships as we scale.
Who we serve, and who we are looking for
Plato is making design services accessible to the most innovative companies in the world, amplifying their value. We are looking for someone who passionately loves startups and technology, is a great listener, and isn't phased by having to quickly understand the nuances of diverse industries within 10 mins.
Above all you are excited by creating the best possible service experience. You go the extra mile to make sure customers are happy and have the talent and intuition to do this across hundreds of touch points a day. You are available and incredibly responsive. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication and you will have strong empathy for our customers and the grace and tact to guide tricky conversations into mutually agreeable ones.
You are a positive personality and incredibly self motivated. You have empathy and experience of the design process. Your understanding here means you feel strongly about design work being delivered on time, and know how to communicate this to our creative team succinctly and persuasively while maintaining trust and empathy for the creative process and maintaining client trust.
What is important is that you love design, and understand how it can impact a company to be more valuable and are excited to collaborate with us to make this vision a reality.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deliver successful daily client experiences with Plato leading to high NPS and loyalty to Plato Design services
- Maintain account health and visibility and flag any important events in advance to internal team for upsell or creative opportunities.
- Work autonomously, remotely and with full ownership of results and KPIs.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and clients as well as possess a impressive command of creative project management processes and methodologies
- Manage and establish client expectations (scope, timing, deadlines, version control, etc.) in writing and on the phone.
- Issue weekly client status reports to ensure key information is being quickly communicated
- Keep clients engaged and motivated with a regular and strategically planned cadence of communication.
- Develop account project plans with lead creatives to tackle new projects
- Lead client meetings; capture accurate, detailed notes and action items to share with teams
- Work with CRO and revenue team to review and update new business proposals
- Proactive approach in communicating with team members.
- The ability to fail. To share with others why they failed and to learn and grow personally from failures.
- A respect, appreciation and understanding of design
- 3-5 years work experience at a design agency or startups with a creative focus. Ideally possess a background in production and/or account management.
- Strong client facing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High bandwidth thinker. Deep and insatiable curiosity for startups and ability to rapidly context switch.
- We hire passionate people who want to create a better future by design.
- You've done this before and want to be the best in the world at it.