Who are we?
Plato is a new type of design agency. We empower people to do what they love from anywhere in the world. Our vision is to blend the best of human creativity with the power of Machine Learning to reimagine collaboration with each other, and partnership with our clients.
We believe that if you hire talented folks, lead with trust, and give people the tools they need to succeed, then creativity will come. Our team is completely distributed, but we’re building new modes of operation together.
Our team leverages technology to collaborate because we want to, dives into deep work when we need to, and (every so often) connects in real life because we like to. With us, you get the opportunity to be curious and collaborate with passionate peers, without sacrificing autonomy or career ownership.
Plato is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s best investors. Join us on our untraditional, inspiring journey.
As Plato's Production Designer you'll be responsible for being the creative glue between our creative network and internal team. As a designer your quick and scrappy with an exceptional eye for detail and an immensely high bar for quality. You're pro-active with client requests and have a strong ability to context shift, jumping in and out of projects to adapt to different aesthetics. You're software-agnostic and willing and able to use whichever design tool is best for the job. You're extremely passionate about branding and user interface design and eager to collaborate on projects spanning a wide range of industries. You're an incredibly strong communicator, with an uncanny knack for documentation. You're passionate about designing and building efficient processes in your work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Self starter
- Ability to dissect and interpret client feedback and needs into actions
- Collaborate with Plato internal and external creative team to design brands and interfaces for our clients
- Collaborate with Plato Creative Director and Art Director to develop processes for agency work
- Review and QA Plato creative work
- Create presentations, slide decks and collateral for Plato team and clients
- Design websites and mobile application Ui for Plato clients
Skills & Experience
- 2-3+ years of design production experience, ideally with an agency or design firm
- Strong client facing experience, ideally with startups
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of managing multiple successful, on time projects in parallel
- Ability to work with a wide range of tools including but not limited to Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, inVision, Notion, WebFlow.
- (Nice to have) Comfortable writing HTML/CSS/JS