Plato Design is pioneering a new type of design agency – one which blends the best of human creativity and the power of AI to unlock new superpowers for both our clients and creatives.
Join us on a unique journey to help build a completely different type of design firm. Plato is backed by Y Combinator and some of Silicon Valley's best investors.
As Creative Director you will be responsible for managing Plato's day-to-day creative work, working with our distributed network of designers to create and maintain an exceptional quality bar of work. You're incredibly skilled at writing comprehensive creative briefs and understand how to inspire the best work out of a wide range of design skillsets.
You're a clear and concise communicator and have experience juggling a large number of projects at once. You have an unwavering attention to detail and an incredibly high bar for what exceptional design looks like. You have a deep knowledge of both brand and web design and understand what it takes to review both types of work respectively.
You're a systems thinker with ridiculous attention to detail, and you're the type of person that doesn't just have opinions, but also have an intrinsic desire to get things done. You should understand the pain of working within a "traditional" design agency, and have a burning desire to be a part of the future. Join us on a unique journey to help build a completely different type of agency.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Started as designer moved to management role
- Self starter
- Dissect client feedback and needs into actionable insights to be shared across all Plato teams.
- Closely collaborate with the Creative Director on the brand vision for our vast variety of clients across a multitude of industries.
- Act as a conduit of information between client and creative teams
- Manage a large number of remote freelance designers
- Lead the charge in establishing a clear and concise brand voice, tone and personality for our clients. Collaborating with the creative team and copywriters to assure it is clearly reflected across all creative outputs.
- Analyzing and interpreting the impact of creative to measure, learn, and optimize.
- Develop an approach for testing, tracking and measuring impact of creative initiatives in order to inform recommendations and decision-making.
- Aid Plato in developing and fine-tuning its own brand voice and presence within the industry.
- Experience managing / working with a distributed team
- Experience across types of design (ie, not just brand design).. premium on Web / UI design
- Work with our clients to uncover and harness that “differentiating" factor in their vertical.
- Ability to be an individual contributor in special circumstances such as tight deadlines or small fixes
Skills & Experience
- Design background with strong appreciation for aesthetics.
- Experience communicating clearly and succinctly with clients
- Ability to relate to a wide range of industries and their audience.
- Ability to work with a wide range of tools including but not limited to Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, inVision, Notion.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience conducting deep dive competitive analysis.
- Strong drive towards innovation.