Who are we?
Plato is a new type of design agency. We empower people to do what they love from anywhere in the world. Our vision is to blend the best of human creativity with the power of Machine Learning to reimagine collaboration with each other, and partnership with our clients.
We believe that if you hire talented folks, lead with trust, and give people the tools they need to succeed, then creativity will come. Our team is completely distributed, but we’re building new modes of operation together.
Our team leverages technology to collaborate because we want to, dives into deep work when we need to, and (every so often) connects in real life because we like to. With us, you get the opportunity to be curious and collaborate with passionate peers, without sacrificing autonomy or career ownership.
Plato is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s best investors. Join us on our untraditional, inspiring journey.
As Creative Director you will be responsible for managing Plato's day-to-day creative work, working with our distributed network of designers to create and maintain an exceptional quality bar of work. You're incredibly skilled at writing comprehensive creative briefs and understand how to inspire the best work out of a wide range of design skillsets.
You're a clear and concise communicator and have experience juggling a large number of projects at once. You have an unwavering attention to detail and an incredibly high bar for what exceptional design looks like. You have a deep knowledge of both brand and web design and understand what it takes to review both types of work respectively.
You're a systems thinker with ridiculous attention to detail, and you're the type of person that doesn't just have opinions, but also have an intrinsic desire to get things done. You should understand the pain of working within a "traditional" design agency, and have a burning desire to be a part of the future. Join us on a unique journey to help build a completely different type of agency.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Started as designer moved to management role
- Self starter
- Dissect client feedback and needs into actionable insights to be shared across all Plato teams.
- Closely collaborate with the Creative Director on the brand vision for our vast variety of clients across a multitude of industries.
- Act as a conduit of information between client and creative teams
- Manage a large number of remote freelance designers
- Lead the charge in establishing a clear and concise brand voice, tone and personality for our clients. Collaborating with the creative team and copywriters to assure it is clearly reflected across all creative outputs.
- Analyzing and interpreting the impact of creative to measure, learn, and optimize.
- Develop an approach for testing, tracking and measuring impact of creative initiatives in order to inform recommendations and decision-making.
- Aid Plato in developing and fine-tuning its own brand voice and presence within the industry.
- Experience managing / working with a distributed team
- Experience across types of design (ie, not just brand design).. premium on Web / UI design
- Work with our clients to uncover and harness that “differentiating" factor in their vertical.
- Ability to be an individual contributor in special circumstances such as tight deadlines or small fixes
Skills & Experience
- Design background with strong appreciation for aesthetics.
- Experience communicating clearly and succinctly with clients
- Ability to relate to a wide range of industries and their audience.
- Ability to work with a wide range of tools including but not limited to Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, inVision, Notion.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience conducting deep dive competitive analysis.
- Strong drive towards innovation.