Why PlanetScale Marketing?
The PlanetScale Marketing team is responsible for the creation and execution of engaging, results driven branding, marketing, sales and demand generation campaigns including large global conferences, regional sales enablement events, webinars and targeted account marketing. We also handle the website, paid and organic search, social media, blogs, collateral, promotions, public relations, and advertising.
We are currently hiring a Field Marketing Manager who will be responsible for supporting sales, managing our ABM program and our events. You will be the sales counterpart of the marketing organization helping them close deals and making sure there is a good feedback loop.
What’s the job to be done?
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-focused marketing execution and managing marketing campaigns that promote our products and/or services, within marketing defined strategy.
- Identify and build sales materials in coordination with the Sales enablement team and product marketing
- Monitor and improve outbound motions by improving cadences and engagement models
- Plan and host online and offline events to promote our brand and create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing sales opportunities and deepen our existing customer relationships
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the specific needs of the sales team
These attributes best describe you....
- No lead can be left behind on your watch
- You have a great toolbox full of vetted vendors to help you with events right away
- You are entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- You are creative, innovative, and always think outside the box
- You live and breath opportunities and pipeline
- You are flexible and understand what is most important for sales at any moment in time
What you will need
- 5+ years of past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- Experience partnering with an enterprise sales team
- Exemplary communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working in a remote organization
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you need any accommodations, please inform our Talent Acquisition team upon initial contact. We are happy to accommodate!
Total Compensation and Pay Transparency
An employee’s total compensation consists of base salary + variable comp where appropriate + benefits + equity. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to answer any further questions when we engage with you to begin the interview process.
Salary Range: $132,000 | $155,000 | $179,000