Why PlanetScale Marketing?
The PlanetScale Marketing team is responsible for the creation and execution of engaging, results driven branding, marketing, sales and demand generation campaigns including large global conferences, regional sales enablement events, webinars and targeted account marketing. We also handle the website, paid and organic search, social media, blogs, collateral, promotions, public relations, and advertising.
We are currently hiring a Social Media Manager who will be responsible for managing our social channels, nurturing and growing our developer community, and engaging with developers throughout various external channels.
What’s the job to be done?
- Manage our organic social media channels by creating/maintaining a content calendar, writing copy, adjusting creative, and scheduling.
- Monitor our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and other channels like Discord, community Slack channels, etc to build a community of followers, route support questions, and increase engagement.
- Repurpose existing content to create engaging and educational material fit for each outlet.
- In partnership with Dev rel, engage with the community to identify and build relationships with strong community members/leaders.
- Ensure that social content published meets brand guidelines, overall communication style, and company vision.
- Develop strategies to grow the company’s community/customer base.
- Build and maintain competitive intelligence reports on the competitive landscape.
- Work in conjunction with our Paid media team, Developer Education team, and Campaigns team to increase our campaign exposure and visibility in the market.
- Monitor website traffic and customer engagement through metrics and be able to interpret those metrics.
- Monitor competition and organize insights for the business
These attributes best describe you....
- You love building technical social media profiles. You understand how developers are different and how you should communicate with them.
- You are data-driven and love to use analytics to prioritize your efforts and develop a strong social media strategy.
- You can create engaging content that drives awareness without it feeling like blatant marketing.
What you will need
- 3+ years of managing communities and social channels for a relevant brand for the developer audience
- Knowledge of online channels for marketing and marketing practices for each
- Experience working in or partnering with a Developer Relations team
- Exemplary communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working in a remote organization
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you need any accommodations, please inform our Talent Acquisition team upon initial contact. We are happy to accommodate!
Total Compensation and Pay Transparency
An employee’s total compensation consists of base salary + variable comp where appropriate + benefits + equity. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to answer any further questions when we engage with you to begin the interview process.
Salary Range: $111,000 | $131,000 | $150,000