Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for an experienced strategic partnerships and business development leader to join the Strategy team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Corporate Development. In this senior and high visibility role, you will be expected to create and drive key elements of Planet’s go forward partnership strategy and plans. You will identify impactful product and technology partnership opportunities and create plans that create differentiation for Planet’s Earth Data Platform and enable new use cases for customers. This role requires strengths in strategic thinking, business development, analytical & problem-solving skills, cross group collaboration and executive communication skills. It is a tremendous opportunity to drive meaningful impact on the company's growth.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Partner with the Executive and Product teams to identify how Product Partnerships can help accelerate company strategy
- Develop product partnership strategy that supports the strategic objectives and interests of Planet’s product roadmap and GTM strategy
- Support the entirety of the deal process including sourcing, diligence, negotiation, and execution with support from large cross functional teams
- Conduct thorough financial analysis to assess company valuation and synergy opportunities
- Prepare and give business reviews to executive leadership team regarding progress and roadblocks
- Develop best practices for diligence, valuation, negotiation and integration
- Shape strategy by identifying key industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners
- Instill a customer-first culture centered around placing Planet customers at the forefront of every business decision
What You Bring:
- 10+ years of work experience within or across product management, corporate strategy, strategy consulting and business development
- 7+ years of experience developing, leading, or executing commercial partnerships
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills including financial and company valuation analyses
- The ability to excel across a wide variety of work including strategy, sourcing, analysis, negotiation, and integration
- Proven track record of sophisticated problem solving, attention to detail, and delivering results cross-functionally including evaluating, executing and integrating acquisitions
- Understanding of all Corporate Development functions and how they work together to maximize growth
- Experience effectively communicating strategic objectives and action plans to multiple teams across a variety of functions
- Strong leadership experience and ability to work with colleagues across multiple disciplines and in geographically dispersed locations
- Deep understanding of Planet’s mission and customer values, needs, and goals
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $156,600 - $243,900. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.