Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Our Regional Sales Lead will develop new business sales by building and qualifying on a diverse set of pre-existing and incoming leads for the Nordics and Baltics countries. The ideal candidate is a self-startern can think laterally to bring our imagery data into new market segments and has experience in working with customers in the Forestry space. Your work will be focussed on the private sector market and will include several industries including Forestry, Agriculture, Energy, Transportation, Insurance & Banking and Manufacturing. You will be involved in building direct relationships as well as working with value added partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities and drive sales revenue targets for the region. Preferably, you have a technical understanding of geospatial and/or imagery solutions and know the customer segments in the regional market. You will be a positive thinker and relish the challenge of solution selling through the creation of business value with our propositions.
You will work with your counterparts in Sales Development, Presales, Customer Service, Marketing and Partner Management in the region to develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads; provide demonstrations to prospective customers, work with our pre-sales engineers and formulate appropriate value based business relationships with accounts.
The candidate will be expected to travel and will work mostly from home in the region in combination with regular travel to our EMEA HQ in Berlin.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Identify and target key prospects in your region
- Develop new business relationships with end users
- Help extend existing strategic relationships and grow Key Accounts
- Manage and grow the pipeline effectively
- Close sales and manage customer expectations as company grows
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence
- Seek out new partnerships as needed to develop vertical markets
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed
- Use of Salesforce and related CRM tools
- Team selling with Pre-Sales and Product Management
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of related experience in International sales and / or a background in selling to the geospatial/ imagery market
- Experience selling into private sector organizations, preferably with a focus on Forestry and Energy markets, including understanding the nuances of complex sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple (Nordic) languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in a start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Affinity with the regional markets
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.