Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is seeking a Manager of Government Sales for EMEA, based in one of our offices or remote. To continue to build and lead the execution of our business growth in EMEA Governments and institutions. Focused on strategically identified National Governments and pan European/EMEA Institutions. You will preside over the successful development, implementation and execution of a sales strategy for various satellite imagery and imagery-derived analytical products. You will be a member of Planet EMEA’s Sales Leadership team, be accountable to the EMEA VP of Sales, and accountable to the leadership of Planet. In this role you may often be the “face of EMEA Planet Government” in the space and geospatial community in UK, Northern Europe & Eastern Europe. Above all else, you are inspired by Planet's unique value proposition for Government and want to join us on our mission to see change and change the world.
In leading the Sales team, you will:
- provide visionary and strategic leadership for the sales organization;
- collaborate on the development of key strategies for customer engagement and communications;
- develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts;
- understand and draw out the nuances of the government market and its various requirements for commercial satellite imagery and derived analytics products;
- understand the competitive landscape for Planet products and their proper positioning to assure a competitive advantage within the selected Governments and institutions in UK/Ireland, Benelux, Northern Europe, Baltics and Eastern Europe.
- collaborate with the Director of Business Development to ensure the direction of the organization stays aligned with Planet sales targets, future direction and values;
- collaborate with the Director of Customer Success to verify that customer obligations are being met and our customers are satisfied;
- collaborate with regional Account Executives on priority national government opportunities, providing strategic guidance and support
- directly manage the sales executives within Planet EMEA Government Team;
- represent UK, Northern Europe & Eastern Europe Planet Government sales team, including to the EMEA VP of Sales directly, in communicating forecasts, pipeline opportunities, deal reviews, data in CRM tools, and customer feedback;
- interact with Planet Inc legal and finance department for any contract to be aligned with Planet’s products and policies and,
- negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets.
What You Bring:
- Sales leadership experience in a company of similar or larger size during a growth phase, with particular experience in leading a diverse team and building a unifying vision, mission, and culture.
- A track record of strong sales skills as well as good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated success finding and winning business with EMEA Government customers, including selling to government customers and successfully navigating EMEA Government and institutions sales cycles
- Excellent in creating relationships across UK/Ireland, Benelux, Northern Europe, Baltics and Eastern Europe Governments and partner ecosystem.
- Deep understanding of the value of commercial imagery in support of the European Government's mission.
- Extensive relationships and understanding of the government's policy, budget and procurement processes
- Excellent communication and diverse problem solving skills.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.