Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Workplace team seeks a motivated office manager and receptionist to care for our Planet employees, guests and clients.
Planet’s culture ties heavily to our physical office, our “mothership,” and keeping it running smoothly will be your job! Sitting in the People/Experience team, this coveted role at Planet shapes our employee engagement and guest experience, providing one-of-a-kind touches, signifying that all have entered an amazing community.
In addition to overseeing all tactical office and vendor management, you will also be responsible for designing opportunities to build relationships and foster teamwork in person, including the reconfiguring of the office as needs grow. The workforce, although mostly hybrid, has a consistent and growing office presence, and you will help shape what it’s like to be a “Planeteer.” Creating and gauging interest in new community programming, providing opportunities to socialize in person or virtually, and executing unique events to connect.
We invite you to join our team if you have a combination of excellent customer service skills, a hands-on attitude, and a passion for efficient procedures and policies. Your personal motto is to be “proactive and not reactive,” and you pride yourself on handling multiple concerns at once, all while being composed in pressure situations. You will join a solid team, where collaboration is required, and where Planet’s company and culture takes precedence over all else. This is a junior level opportunity, where someone can grow within the Planet team.
This is an in-office role, Monday through Friday, 8 hours daily. Resume + cover letter both required when applying, thank you!
Impact You’ll Own:
- Take direct ownership of office operations to ensure a first-class office experience, including exceptional customer service, for all Planet employees, guests and clients.
- Along with full time office coordinator and receptionist, serve as the first point of contact for all visitors, customers and employees entering the office.
- Actively own or oversee volume and need of office supplies, swag, and food and beverages stock by being the company’s inventory procurement specialist.
- Manage workplace hospitality services and operations either in house or via vendors including daily catering and food ordering, custodial, security and office services, event management and landlord liaison.
- Be a leader your team wants to follow, by actively engaging with facilities manager and workplace coordinator/receptionist in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Along with the Director of Workplace and Community, utilize thoughtful forecasting and historical data to envision the future of Planet’s office.
- Imagine and execute Planet positive programming that aligns with our mission and values.
- Other duties as the role evolves.
What You Bring:
- 2 years of experience, preferably managing an hourly workforce
- Field of employment history can include hospitality, customer service, event planning, restaurant front of house management, administrative assistants
What Makes You Stand Out:
- You can juggle tasks like no one else, never dropping a ball, and never letting them see you sweat
- An appreciation of humankind, including understanding ways to express and communicate with a variety of people. (We are all in this together)
- You want to help make the office a better place, but not at the expense of mother earth or our principles
- Willingness to ask questions, learn, and have a keen sense of curiosity
- Passion for teamwork and understanding our team’s skills should compliment one another (and not be the same) in order to be a force multiplier
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.