Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are seeking a motivated, collaborative Marketing professional to join Planet as the Partner Marketing Specialist. Under the Partner and Channel Marketing Manager and in collaboration with the Channel sales team and the Marketing team, you will be responsible for executing programs and campaigns as part of the partner marketing strategy and plan,. In supporting joint partner opportunities you will help to expand Planet’s market share with reseller and solution providers.
Planet’s broad Partner ecosystem includes resellers, solutions providers and alliance partners who leverage Planet solutions to drive business across verticals and use cases. These partners leverage Planet’s open platform to create unique solutions that showcase the value of Planet products and solutions. In this role, you will engage with key Planet solutions providers, creating value-based joint marketing efforts and collaborating with the Channel enablement and engagement teams to build out, support and track relevant content and communications to support our global partners.
This role requires the desire to understand and grow marketing programs with the Planet partner ecosystem Planet Orbit. The ability to leverage “one to many” marketing strategies and engage with our field marketing teams is critical to your success. You are organized and detail-oriented, able to grasp and articulate joint value, able to coordinate internal and external required resources, and able to create content that accelerates the buying processes for our partners and field sales teams
The Partner Marketing Specialist will:
- Understand the challenges and use cases that are core to Planet and the partners that can add value in our key verticals
- Execute campaigns and content that can scale globally for Planet partners and our joint customers
- Build internal and external content that communicates joint value in the form of sales presentations, white papers, briefs, blog posts, one-pagers and thought leadership articles
- Provide content and marketing support for the Partnerships and Partner Enablement teams and new Portal
- Execute against plans and engage with all appropriate marketing and communications teams’ tactics to launch new products to showcase our partner ecosystem
- Document and track success of partner marketing activities globally (with close collaboration with our regional Field Marketing team) with an emphasis on delivering a scalable partner marketing program
- Have a passion accelerating Planet’s mission through our partner ecosystem
Impact You’ll Own:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Based in Planet’s San Francisco office
- At least 3 years in marketing
- Stellar communication and storytelling skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tie discrete activities to larger strategy
- Demonstrated organizational skills to juggle multiple partner marketing campaigns while adhering to strict review policies
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Partner Marketing experience
- Experience working in an enterprise software partner ecosystem
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.