Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Sales Strategy and Operations Leader will be responsible for building and implementing data driven improvements to Planet’s sales go-to-market processes, product market fit, and competitive advantage.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Develop and implement a Global Sales Strategy with the GTM team leaders
- Partner to develop and evolve geographic/strategic/vertical/segment/channel business plans
- Work cross-functionally to model and tackle complex business problems
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and lead efforts to scale, align and invest
- Drive repeatability, predictability, and scalability across the business
- Analyze, author and present high-impact recommendations and plans to Leadership
- Structure concise, clear presentation of findings and prioritize issues as appropriate
- Develop an understanding of and stay current with the competitive landscape
- Assist with annual planning with leadership and GTM Leaders - including productivity, capacity planning and quotas
- Drive alignment of leadership and finance around incentive compensation plans
- Help maintain quarterly QBR templates for Sales Leaders and provide analytical support
- Publish quarterly metrics update to support earnings calls
- Develop and manage reporting on OKRs, key metrics and formulate actionable insights
- Support strategy plans for Marketing, Sales Development, Customer Success and Channel Teams
- Define requirements and work with systems teams to implement new tools
- Be a trusted advisor to Sales Leadership
What You Bring:
- 5+ years prior Sales Operations, Revenue Operations, or related field at a SaaS company
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, generate and evaluate creative solutions, implement fact-based resolutions optimally to drive productivity
- Demonstrated ability to scale and equip the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages and action based insights
- Strong presentation, communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong accountability and drive for results
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Expertise with tools/systems such as Salesforce, Excel, SQL, Data Warehouse/Analytics
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $106,200 - $192,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.