Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a User Experience Researcher. This role is at senior level and reports to the Head of User Experience Research. This talented person will apply the appropriate research methodology to identify, understand, and prioritize customer problems, as well as participate in the creative process that will solve them. This role is responsible for leading strategic research projects that show a direct positive impact on the product.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Be the champion for the customer, from identifying their challenges and opportunities in user research, to helping design elegant solutions
- Work with UX/UI design leaders, product leadership and cross-functional partners to define a research strategy, and drive its implementation
- Encourage and build a research-drive culture that fuels innovation by engaging employees in decision-making and development of new product and process improvement ideas
What You Bring:
- Several years of experience as a User Experience Researcher in commercial software products
- Experience in building and leading research projects with a proven record of excellent leadership
- A passion for Planet’s mission to use space to help life on Earth
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Proven ability to build research plans that ship world-changing products in fast-paced environments
- A growth mindset and a desire to learn quickly
- Executive presence and ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with cross geographical team coordination and management
- Proven analytical skills and sense for balancing between quantity and quality
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.