Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Based in Germany or the UK, the Middle East Sales Lead will be responsible for growing Planet Government sales pipeline and book of business in Security related Government institutions (including Defense) in the Middle East region. The ideal candidate for this position is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative in finding new and dynamic ways to expand Planet’s government business. This person will have a proven track record of selling to Security, Intelligence and Defence Government customers in this region, with an extensive network and able to navigate procurement processes and frameworks. They will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large and medium-size deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, the ideal candidate will have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and understanding of government customers that we sell to.
This role involves developing an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, providing product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulating appropriate business. To support this, the candidate should have the ability to forecast accurately when managing the incoming pipeline of opportunities. The need to source, sell, co-sell, and close deals means that the ideal candidate should be familiar with the concepts of carrying quota and closing. Above all else, we want our potential candidate to enjoy our unique value proposition and join us in Planet’s mission to see change and change the world.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Work aggressively to develop the sales pipeline needed to achieve or exceed your sales targets and goals.
- Work in close collaboration with the International Security Sales team and Leadership.
- Work with Planet’s marketing team to run campaigns to attract and identify new opportunities.
- Work with a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will generate contacts and leads to hand off to you for pursuit.
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales, and manage customer expectations as the company grows.
- Collaborate with the Sales team in fostering customer relationships.
- Engage qualified prospects and take them through the journey of identifying a fit for Planet solutions and negotiating through agreement/contract/procurement obstacles to achieve an ultimate win.
- Manage the contracting and Government procurement process.
- Work closely with pre-sales staff to ensure a cohesive effort is put forth when demonstrating Planet products and services and achieving a technical win.
- Work closely with our post sales organization and customer success team to ensure a successful onboarding for new customers.
- Work aggressively to develop the adequate sales pipeline needed to achieve or exceed your sales targets and goals.
- Maintain a strong level of pipeline hygiene using Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate and innovate as needed to create customer-facing presentations and proposals unique to the prospect and situation.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate professional experience
- Demonstrated success finding and winning business with Security, Intelligence and Defence customers in the region, in particular within Qatar, UAE, Oman, KSA, Bahrain.
- Deep understanding of the value of commercial imagery in support of the Planet’s mission
- Excellent relationships across Government and the partner ecosystem in the region
- 5+ years of related experience in geospatial software, imagery or technical sales required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- 5+ years’ experience selling to government customers including understanding the nuances of Government sales cycles and how to navigate through the process
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM System
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nations with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.