Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of HR Systems & Analytics to join the People Operations team!
- Build and manage key strategic relationships at multiple levels in People Function, Corporate Engineering (IT), Finance and across the organization
- Promote communication between People function and other enabling functions such as IT and Finance regarding people system data, reporting and integrations.
- Meet on a recurring basis to understand needs, prioritize technology enhancement, uncover opportunities for improvement and automation. Establish regular technical review and readout cadence.
- Create and implement change management strategies to adopt the path of least resistance and proactively embed change across multiple teams as needed
- Create executive reports, design dashboards, and provide recommendations to make data actionable. Partner closely with people team, business intelligence analysts, and engineers to evolve our talent data model and design consumable, high-impact dashboards and visualizations
- Evaluate user feedback, preferences, experience and incorporate into technology to improve end user employee experience
- Be the People Tech ambassador for the function and represent internally and externally as needed
- Provides or recommends required training programs for internal system users
- Prepares and communicates status, issues and opportunities to the stakeholders.
- Keeps current on emerging people technology trends and best practices
- Experience managing HR technology programs including change management and communications.
- Understands Human Resources business process concepts with abilities to design/implement toolkits supporting those processes.
- Experience driving key, enterprise-wide projects or programs
- Experience developing and implementing change management procedures
- Experience analyzing small datasets in Excel/google sheets and producing business insights
- Experience organizing complex projects into achievable tasks and driving on-time completion
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $106,200 - $192,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.