Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Our Global Talent Team is responsible for creating the future of Planet. Yes, our people. We don’t just put butts in seats. We attract top performers inspired by our mission who add to our culture. We help enable balance at the team level, ensuring as many voices are represented when building our products and executing on our strategy. We are expecting tremendous growth this year and we're looking for the next gen of full cycle recruiters to help us build for scale.
As a Tech Recruiter supporting our Software, Product, Strategy, and Corporate Engineering you will have the opportunity to develop deep relationships with hiring managers and candidates from around the world with a keen eye on diversity sourcing, structured interviewing, and inclusive candidate experience. You will use your influencing skills and your genuine curiosity to reduce friction in our hiring process, getting creative when needed to make magic happen, especially during peak periods.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Develop healthy partnerships with hiring managers and interviewers on the teams you support, providing strategic advisory and delivering consistent results
- Provide an unparalleled level of best-in-class candidate experience in partnership with Recruiting Coordinators...your candidates always know where they stand
- Source and attract the toughest to find, diverse talent by establishing relationships over the short and long term.
- Leveraging talent analytics and your knowledge of the market, you will routinely communicate your progress and impact to stakeholders, making recommendations on talent strategy grounded in data
- Partner with Recruiting Ops and Talent Leadership to execute on our team’s strategic roadmap
What You Bring:
- A passion for people and a belief in our mission to use Space to help Life on Earth
- Proven successful experience in full cycle recruiting for technical positions at dynamic, high-growth companies where the only thing constant is change.
- Strong technical acumen with modern recruiting tech stacks (Greenhouse, GSuite, LinkedIn, Resource.io amongst our growing tool set)
- Infectious energy and enthusiasm balanced with the ability to stay calm when under immense pressure.
- A strong core of ethics. You always want to do what’s right for the candidate, the community and the company.
- A personal belief in the benefits of diversity. You recognize your influence in expanding opportunity to as wide of an audience as possible and the long term commitment this takes.
- A growth mindset. Recruiting is always evolving. You keep your pulse on the latest and greatest techniques in a pursuit toward greater effectiveness.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with international recruiting in other regions
- Multilingual in German, Russian or Spanish
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press and Blog Posts About Us:
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.